Sleep is for the WEEK!

5.23.2011
ONE WEEK! That's all that's left of my stay here in my apartment. And it's been overwhelming juggling the last week of school with moving, to say the least! As I type this, I'm actually sitting on the floor at my coffee table, because I've already gotten rid of my couch! My brother, Brad, is a freshman at USI and he needed it more than I did- plus it's one less thing to move! I should really be packing my kitchen tonight, but the combination of the internet, TV, and the sound of rain is distracting me. Normal sleeping hours are probably going to elude me from now til Friday...

I mostly wanted to blog because I've been treated so nicely at school lately! Today, as one example, involved having a surprise card/gift on my desk this morning from a parent, getting a card from one of my students, and another one from a student I had last year! It's hard to be aware of the impact you're having on a child at the moments in which it is happening...each day alone in the school year as isolated incidents do not always seem like they're making a difference, but when you combine them over the course of 180 days you start to realize how big a part of their lives you are! I love my students, and my students love me. It doesn't really get much better than that.

Stay tuned...when I have more time the Sage of Damien is next on the list. Trust me, you don't want to miss this story!

0 comments:

Post a Comment